Security will always remain a “hot topic” in the world of healthcare. With technological innovations coming out year after year, it is more important than ever to be up-to-date on the latest security tools and tactics to keep your healthcare organization safe from an attack.
Every year is becoming a record setting year for the number of security breaches that occur with healthcare organizations remaining a top target for these attacks. With there being more devices being on a healthcare organization’s network, the likelihood of a security attack increases.We want to make sure that your organization has a strong security system in place so that you feel protected and prepared if ever having to face a security attack. That’s why we want to arm you with 6 of our top health IT security tips.
In, IT Security Best Practices for Healthcare IT, you will go deeper into these 6 best practices:
- Assess what is best when it comes to what your organization’s IT security needs are.
- Layer your security because one tool is just not “good enough.”
- Be proactive with IT security management so you stay up-to-date on program updates, password changes and any new security threats.
- Don’t overboard your security because too many security tools can cause network issues
- Encrypt all mobile devices so you’re not exposed if EPHI theft occurs.
- Provide proper education for your organization’s employees on the importance of security.
We understand that healthcare IT security can be a very exhausting topic and it can be very overwhelming. It is our hope that these healthcare IT security best practices can help your organization embark further down the road toward stronger IT security.